What is Copyright Infringement?
To simplify this question, copyright infringement occurs when you do certain things with a creative work which someone else produced without first getting the proper permission.
Some examples of copyright infringement (this is only a partial listing) can include:
- Placing someone else's photograph or creative work online without proper permission.
- Using a creative work commercially without permission.
- Adapting someone else's creative work found in one medium to another medium, such as making a book into a movie or a photograph into a painting.
- Modifying or editing a creative work without proper permission.
- It doesn't matter whether or not you've credited the proper owner, it's still considered copyrighted and you still need permission.
- It doesn't matter if you are not selling it or making a profit, it's still considered copyrighted and you still need permission.
If I post a pic here. I own it. It is mine. It is here with my permission because I posted it. If someone wants to use my art (and my art is horrible so I don't see why they would) They would have to purchase those rights. Or at least get permission. After all, I don't want it to appear as though I am endorsing, say... a porn site for example.
She looks so simple, yet so lovely. ^_^
draw me like one of your french fillies